BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Questions of science, Science and progress, Do not speak as loud as my heart.

Almost a week without a blog. How traumatizing.

To be honest, this past week has been a blur of school, homework, work and sleeping whenever I can fit it in. I worked Thursday, Friday and Saturday, which happened to be Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day pretty much met my expectations. I had one goal: for it to be better than last year's. Last year was spent watching Jumper in the theaters with three of my nerdy guy friends (one of whom is now my gentleman companion, weird how these things work out...). Anyways, about halfway through the movie I realized it was Valentine's Day. It had never bothered me before. I had viewed that day as simply just another regular day. Yet, for some reason, still unbeknownst to me, it did irk me. So my one friend, who's blog I follow (Teenage Loser) was one of these nerdy friends and he seemed to find my "goal" amusing, if not possibly pathetic. *If I have mistaken your feelings please correct me*.

So, I was quite pleased to have roses sent to me at work, since I was working an 8 hour shift of 10-6. Never again...I hope... That act made my day. It wasn't a dramatic moment where he walked in with them himself, (the women at my workplace would have teased/embarassed him, anyways) but he still sent them, which is possibly even sweeter. Thus forth, it was a better than last year.

I have also concluded a couple things that I never want involved in my job/career. I never want a 9-5 Mon-Fri type job. I don't really want a strict dress code or to wear high heeled shoes of any form. I can't walk in them. Nor run. Not that I run very often, but if I had to run, I would need to take them off and in the time needed to take them off that is when I'd be killed by whomever was causing the chaos that I needed to run from in the first place. Hence why I like Converses or no shoes, in general. I like a job that allowed me to sleep, to some degree. So at the moment I think I shall start my own company. I was talking with my best friend on the phone earlier and was debating about creating my own paint industry. The two debut colours shall be "Banana-Mango" and "Strawberry Peuce." Obviously.

Well, I have a Genograph to finish for Sociology. I'm using Photoshop to make it look pretty and colour co-ordinated. Yay.

'Til next time.

-Me.

0 comments: