BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Love me one time, baby. Yeah, my knees got weak.

I have a video blog processing at the moment. Yay.

This past week has been a bit of a blur. It was spent adjusting to the new semester. But the classes go by quickly, so I'm not sitting in the uncomfortable desks completely bored out of my mind. That's a plus, I guess.

Yesterday there was a buy-out to the Jeremy Bennett memorial basket-ball game. He passed away this month last year and it has really effected most people at my high school. He lived on the native reserve and their entire community is still feeling the absence of his presence. Their drumming circle played before the game yesterday and in their songs you can really feel the emotion. It's hard to be in the bleachers and looking in because everyone's pain is so clear. I'm not a huge fan of emotional distress. I'm not sure anyone truly is.

On a different note:

I had my hair re-dyed today. It's still black but the purple has become red. I'm digging it.

I've been writing a fair bit more, lately. Just bits and pieces here and there. But it's nice to have that creative outlet working, again. Dance is coming along alright. I have a showcase on March 14th, and that will be fun. It always is. Homework is still being done, for the time being. My procrastinating ways will surely catch up with before the end of this month.

Valentine's Day is next week. I've never really been a huge fan of it. I'm still not. Something about all of the pink and flowers and hearts. It's off putting. And then Hallmark obviously has something invested in this 'holiday event', I suppose. I work in a chocolate shop. So I'm waiting to see how many people come in on Valentine's Day looking for a last minute gift. How sad...

I was talking with my best friend yesterday. As I always do. Our lockers are conveniently located right next to each. But I digress. Anyways, I asked her if her and her boyfriend of over 2 years (I know, 2 years seems like forever when you're in high school) were doing anything for Valentine's Day. And she just sort of shrugged and said not really. Both her and ZE (he looks like Zac Efron) are apparently not big fans of the day, so I was told, and her mom's anniversary is the 14th. ZE made her a ring, though, in his manufacturing shop, so she still has to get him something.

Her indifference, despite the fact that we have known each other for 11 years, still somewhat shocked me. I guess I just have hopeless romantic tendencies. I work 10-6 on Valentine's Day. And I told her that it would be really sweet if my gentlemen companion were to come in and bring me a bouquet of roses or something dramatic like that. She then laughed and assured me that it was not going to happen.

I don't believe that a relationship strives off of gift giving or of material things. That would be ridiculous. Dramatic expressions of 'love' or 'affection' are not needed for me. As long as I know how they feel, and they can openly show it in casual ways, then I have no need nor want for extravagence. But a girl can still think about those dramatic moments in chick flicks, right? Right...?

I'm going bowling later today with some co-workers. So that will be fun. It's always nice to go out and hang with different people. And I believe it's "Rock 'n Bowl", so that means music (most likely somewhat mediocre-good) and black lights and glowing things. I'm easily entertained, so it's good fun for me. :)

I published the Burnings of Dora and of My Little Pony on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UniquelyLANA
So please feel free to check that out.

Until Next Time,

Lana.

0 comments: