BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hey There Coffee Girl, So Beautiful And Disaffected. It Was Perfect 'Till He Came Along And Wrecked It.

So! I haven't written a blog in way too long. While I wait for my video of "He's Just Not That Into You" to buffer, I shall type.

School is starting to get hectic. Lots of tests and projects coming up. The usual and whatnot with it being almost June. With my goal of trying to get on as many trips as possible, I have accomplished something beautiful. I leave for an Arts trip to Boston next friday morning. We get back Monday night. Tuesday and Wednesday I am at a Link Crew training camp. Wednesday night is Music Night. Thursday there is another art trip that I am planning on attending. That means I attend school Friday this last week of May. A well mastered plan, if I do say so myself. :)

I've been meaning to share this photo, so here it is:

This is what my uncle, aunt and cousins bought me for my birthday last month. He read my blog and realized how much I *love* Dora, My Little Pony and Pringles. He also included Pretzels and Sweedish Berries, which I have devoured. And the Granola bars are quite tasty. Therefore: Thank-you for the well thought out gifts. They were well recieved. :)

Our school yearbook has had its pages sent off. That's exciting. And now we have started a photography assignment which only irks me slightly because part of it is to use the modes of the camera. Well, quite frankly, I hate using the preset modes because I prefer to use the TV setting on my Canon Rebel XTi. I like being able to change the ISO speeds, turning off flash (I hate flash in general), adjusting exposure and aperature. So these preset automatic adjustment modes just annoy me. I'll get over it. Eventually.

We also need to use Corel Presentations for this assignment. I'm going to try and use Keynotes and burn it onto a DVD and see if that will work. Or maybe find a file extension that will crossover.

Our other assignment is to use 'PhotoStory' on the Windows computers at school. I don't really like this program. I think iMovie 08 could work instead...but I think the teacher would prefer us to use the programs mentioned. Grr...

Our soccer season ended today. It consisted of 5 games that we lost. Everyone played really well and had a good time, though, so it's all good. And I managed not to be severely injured in any way. Even better.

I still have 800 books on the go. And I keep buying more... I should know better by now.

My room is almost clean, though. And I honestly mean that, surprisngly. It's uplifting to realize this. :)

I bought a guitar yesterday. It's electric, a Squier Stratocaster. It's slightly used but in really good shape. Apparently it is a Seafoam green colour, so claims my Gentleman Companion. But I think it is a mint colour. Meh... She's pretty, though, and I've named her Circe, for the time being. She may decide to show different character traits worthy of a re-name. My acoustic has been named Hespera. The goddess of dusk in Greek mythology. :)

I'm off to watch the end of "He's Just Not That Into You".

Until Next Time,

Lana

0 comments: