BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

If I died in your arms, would you then give me your love? Would you tell me that you need me...and that I was the one?

I haven't posted in over a week! Not that anyone cares...

The poetry night went really well. I read first, and I was told that I have a lovely rhythm when I read that is soothing to the soul (or something alone those lines). That's a good compliment, I suppose.

Boston was a blast! The bus ride wasn't too bad. We were by Fenway Park around 6, that night, I think. My group of friends and I had Frappuccinos and decadent ice cream from The Cold Stone for dinner. Best. Dinner. Ever. So. Far. From there we went to the 5 Wits Interactive Egyptian Tomb. That was pretty sweet.

The hotel was really nice. We were on the 9th floor(the top floor), which also had a pool on it...that midly concerned me. The next morning we had complimentary breakfast. I had Apple Jacks (dry) and apple juice. I was hoping for Froot Loops, but no such luck.

We then went to Salem. That town has something special about it with the cobblestone streets and the themed stores. We went to the Salem Witch Museum, where I spent money. And my friends and I bought Kanye West type glasses, which we have turned into the Cult of the Crazy Sunglasses and created a group on Facebook for us. :)

We walked around Salem and found this awesome store where I purchased an Edgar Allan Poe action figure. Jesus, a Crazy Cat Lady and Vincent Van Gogh with interchangable head were also bought by various friends. :D

From Salem we went to the Museum of Fine Arts. It was alright. They had a cool musical instruments section. I bought a stationairy set with pictures of Fancy French Hats on them.

We went back to the hotel to get ready for the Blue Man Group. We had dinner at the Pour House, a cozy bar type setting. The Blue Man group was phenominal. It's hard to put into words, you have to be there. Their comments on society are so deep and through the alienation formed by using Bretchian techniques, the show really makes you think. The comedy throughout had perfect timing but allowed you to open your mind as to what they were trying to get across. Not to mention the music and their drumming skills which were fantastic!

The next day we went to the New England aquarium, where I got some cool shots. We also visited Quincey Market and Faneuil Hall. I love the cobblestone streets and the older parts of Boston that we walked through later that night. We went whale watching as well, where we saw Finwhales and Humpback whales. I got pictures! :D

We ate at Hard Rock Cafe that night. And then went on our walking tour. We left at 8 the next morning and were back around 6. So we made good time.

And then I had to be back at school for 8 for Link Crew training. We went to this beautiful lake north of Peterborough and I had a lot of fun, regardless of the fact that I was exhausted.

We got back Wednesday after school. Where I helped set up for Music Night. And then needed to be back at the school for 6:30. The performances were all really well done.

Thursday I slept until 1:30 and then did homework. I went to school Friday to learn I had a lot of homework to do. I spent Friday night eating ice cream and doing practically nothing. Yesterday I danced for 7 hours. And then I woke up today at 12:30 and went "Frig...I have homework to do."

And that resulted in me writing this blog. :)

I was going to film one, because I have a lot of new friends to share. But my video camera is at a friend's house because he needed it for filming that he never did. Fricking Zac Efron...

Anyways!

I have a Drama ISU for the history of theatre waiting to be tackled. Two different sociology projects and something for Bio...I think...

Until Next Time.

-Lana.

0 comments: